Saturday, August 22, 2015

Plumdog by Emma Chichester Clark

Summary:

The irresistible illustrated diary of one very special London dog--the perfect gift book for dog lovers of all stripes (and spots!)

Hello. My name is Plum and I'm a whoosell--a whippet mixed with Jack Russell and poodle. I especially like swimming, leaping, and croissants, and my favorite fragrance is fox poop. I live with Emma, an illustrator, and Rupert in London.

Over the last year, I've been keeping a diary. Emma helped with the pictures, but the words are all mine.


My take: 4 looks

A super cute idea for a book! Chock full of daily musings, activities, trips, and friendships with both animals and humans, this was a delight to read.

Plum's language skills are admirable, love of swimming and diving impressive, and circle of friends extensive. This is a dog used to exercise, travel, and slumber parties. I truly enjoyed each page of this book, enhanced by the printing that looked like it was done in pencil. A very realistic take on what a dog's journal would look like.

The only thing keeping me from giving a full five looks is one use of an unnecessary expletive, making this PG instead of G-rated.

Recommended.

Thank you to BloggingForBooks for providing a copy for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment