Monday, February 27, 2012

One by One by Gilbert Morris


Summary:
One secret links twelve strangers. One secret that could cost them everything. Danielle Ross's life keeps slipping out of control. First she must abandon her education to take over her ill father's floundering detective agency. Then, while pursuing a new case, Dani becomes a victim herself. She awakens in a strange place and finds herself surrounded by eleven other people. Among them are a doctor, a dancer, a German submarine commander, and a former Death Row inmate--all clueless as to why they have been brought together. The culprit relentlessly insists they are united by one dark secret and that their lives depend on their confessing it. Can Dani find the link between these strangers before time runs out?

My take: 4 looks
You all know how I feel about Christian fiction, and that I am no real fan. This book is a keeper! It has the Christian basis, but is not overwhelming or overbearing, and just works it in as part of the story nicely. A non-Christian would not be threatened at all reading this book, and isn't that what it's all about?

This is a series about a private investigator/ex-cop/seminary student Danielle Ross who gets in a very tough situation. What drew me to this book was a comment from a friend of mine that this was much like Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians", aka "And Then There Were None". That is one of my favorite mysteries of all time, and I was intrigued about this one.

After reading it, I have to admit that she was correct. Without some of the twists and turns, this was a very engaging read. I was fully invested in the characters and couldn't wait to pick it back up once I had to put it down for one reason or another. Before I finished it, I had the other already waiting on the side table. 

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment