Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reading Themes

I am a sucker for themes. When my kids were younger, I decorated for everything: New year, Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Easter...everything. We even had themed parties. I remember I invited a group of girlfriends over one night, and everything they ate, drank, and wore started with the letter "P". It's a kind of sickness, I think.

I was looking through my eBook collection today and realized that I have a lot of books with the same theme in the titles, so I thought it would be fun to look at them, count them, and name some. Here goes:

Food: Examples are Cake (4), Pie (4), Breakfast (2), Snack, Chocolate (7), Diner (4) . The best title: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Zombies: I own 8 books with the word "zombie" in the title. What does that say about me? The best title: "You Might be a Zombie and Other Bad News"

Animals: examples are Dog (17), Cat (19), Bird (6), Tiger (4), Snake (2). The best title: The Penguin Who Knew Too Much.

Time: Time (36), Year (16), Day (20), Minute (3). The best title: The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted.

Seasons: Winter (8), Summer (18), Autumn (3), Spring (7), Season (9), Cold (11), Rain (11), Wind (10). The best title: The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Colors: yellow (1), Blue (24), Red (27), White (12), Black (20), Pink (2), green (9). The best title: Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison

And there you have it: a quick look at the themes on my bookshelf. I left some out, like Zoo, Crazy, Lie, etc. The majority of my book themes, however, I discovered during this exercise is ... DEAD (62). I show only 40 Love, 34 Life, and 16 Live. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment