Saturday, March 21, 2015

Author Spotlight: Hanya Yanagihara

I am not sure if this is an author spotlight as much as a book spotlight, but I feel that I have to write about this book that I have not even read.

The book is A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, and I am intrigued, to say the least. Here is the summary:

Brace yourself for the most astonishing, challenging, upsetting, and profoundly moving book in many a season. An epic about love and friendship in the twenty-first century that goes into some of the darkest places fiction has ever traveled and yet somehow improbably breaks through into the light.

See what I mean??

A Little LifeI downloaded it last night based on a review by Ann Kingman of podcast Books on the Nightstand.
 
THEN, I ran across this blogger review by ShortBookReviews on Instagram. You can see it here.

Here is what As the Crowe Flies says: This book simply undid me.

From Books Speak Volumes: Bottom line: If you’re looking for a gut-wrenching read that will stick with you for months, look no further.

Kirkus Reviews: intensely interior look at the friends’ psyches and relationships, and it’s utterly enthralling.

Ugh! I am not sure that I can read a tome (it's over 700 pages) that is going to wreck me emotionally.

WHY do we read books that wreck us emotionally, then love them?

Please! Give me your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment