Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Added some new books

I added a few new books to my TBR pile today. Let me know what you think:

Winkie by Clifford Chase: This book is about a mild-mannered teddy bear named Winkie who comes to life and finds himself on the wrong side of America’s war on terror.

Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris: This completes the Food Trilogy series by Harris, of which I have read none. Never mind that, though. This one concentrates on the relationship between mothers and daughters, so it's right up my alley. Plus, you gotta love a series of books about food!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: I saw the cover of this book on the shelf at Barnes & Noble when my best girl Deanne and I were there last week (was that just last week?!). From the inside flap: In this spooky debut novel from filmmaker and travel writer Riggs ... that was as far as I got and I knew I had to read this one! Plus, I loved the cover.

The Meowmorphosis by Coleridge Cook: The first sentence on this one: “One morning, as Gregor Samsa was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that he had been changed into an adorable kitten.” Again, between the cover of the book and this start, I was smitten! There is even a BOOK TRAILER for this one!!

I can't wait to get started on these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment