Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday School Book Club?


This was my second week in a new Sunday School class. They used the first 20 or 30 minutes of the first class talking about books. The favorite series, not surprisingly, is the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. Our teacher, Debbie, has read all of the books in the series several times, it is obvious. I love how Debbie innately applies a spiritual aspect to life. All of life. In her mind, there is a spiritual application to each and every life situation.

I'll give you an example. When Debbie and I were walking from the classroom to the sanctuary, I could hear my Dad talking. Turns out he was handing out bulletins at the side door. "I can hear my dad," I said. Debbie looked at me and said, "You can hear him from this far away? There is a spiritual application here! You can hear The Father's voice from far away."

That's John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Isn't that cool? I know I combined a couple of different ideas in this one, but the idea is that Debbie was trying to tell us that there is a spiritual application to everything, whether you are reading a book or walking down the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment