Monday, April 20, 2015

Look at this haul!!

I love Book Mail!! I have been on an ordering spree lately (in honor of National Library Week, of course), and it is finally starting to arrive. Allow me to summarize!

First, I have been listening to the podcast Books On The Nightstand with Michael Kindness and Ann Kingman. In podcast BOTNS #326: April Showers Bring More Questions, Michael answers a question on Batman graphic novels. Realizing that I own NO graphic novels, and listening to his answer with interest, I decided to buy the four that he summarized. Please listen to this podcast to hear, and get ready to make your own purchase!

Next, we have two books by a favorite author, Ann Patchett: Bel Canto and Patron Saint of Liars. Patron Saint was my first Patchett book, and the one that caused me to fall in love with her writing. Bel Canto is a favorite of all time of mine, and I order copies often so I can give them away to friends who not yet discovered this masterpiece. A bonus: if you buy from Parnassus Books in Nashville, which is co-owned by Ann, ALL of her books are signed!!

The last book in today's haul is a quirky book called Severance by Robert Glen Butler. I saw this book years ago on a cart at Books-a-Million, and didn't buy it. I have wanted it ever since, and when I saw it available from Half Price Books online, I jumped at it. Read the summary of this one on the Shelfari site here.

Lastly, I ordered a Mad Hatter V-neck t-shirt. A reader can never have too many bookish clothes!!

Gotta run and get reading!!

1 comment: