Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dogwood by Chris Fabry

Summary:
Will returns to Dogwood intent on pursuing Karin, the only woman he has ever loved--only to find there is far more standing in his way than lost years in prison. The secrets of Will and Karin's past emerge through a young boy who wishes he hadn't survived the tragedy that knit those two together and then tore them apart.

My take: 3 looks
I kind of struggled through this one at the outset. Chapter after chapter of reading but not really understanding what was going on. I got to know the characters, but the story seemed so fragmented and disjointed. As I neared the end, I realized why and the book instantly moved from 2 looks to 3 looks. I was not completely surprised at the end, but did find it was a nice twist.

While this is Christian fiction, winning a Christy Award in 2009 in the Contemporary Standalone category, it is not your typical book in the genre. It is engaging and easy-to-read without being in-your-face evangelistic or full of too-good-to-be-true characters. Very easy to read, t took me a morning to read finish it.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment