Thursday, June 7, 2012

Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books: 2000-2009

From the American Library Association, these are the top ten.

1. Harry Potter (series), by J.K. Rowling
2. Alice series, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
3. The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier
4. And Tango Makes Three, by Justin Richardson/Peter Parnell
5. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
6. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
7. Scary Stories (series), by Alvin Schwartz
8. His Dark Materials (series), by Philip Pullman
9. ttyl; ttfn; l8r g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

I'm not quite sure why I am on a "banned books" tirade at the moment, but I suspect it's the rebellious spirit in me making me want to read what others try to take off the shelves. If you'd like the see the entire list, click the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment