Monday, September 26, 2011

Bibliophile's October Books of the Month

October's BOTMs
1. The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan (10/7)
2. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (10/14)
3. The Widower’s Tale by Julie Glass (10/21)
4. Bastard out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison (10/28)

I have read The Hundred Secret Senses and The Widower's Tale, so that leaves just two for me, if I want to read them all. Although, it has been many years since I read anything by Amy Tan, I may reread it.

I am very intrigued by The Language of Flowers and have recently added it to my list. It is a new book, though, so I may have trouble getting it. I have placed a hold on one of the three copies that are returned to the library in Huntsville.

I think I will pass on Bastard out of Carolina. I remember seeing this movie on television, tuning in just at the part where the stepfather rapes his stepdaughter on the kitchen floor. Since that was several years ago and I still remember it, I don't want to read about it. There are so many books out there without dredging up the underbelly of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment