Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Cure by Athol Dickson


Summary:
National attention gradually settles on a small town in Maine, where damaged and wounded sufferers mysteriously find healing. Rumors about the town pass from ear to ear among those who most need a miracle. Destitute and nearly hopeless, Riley Keep hears of the phenomenon and journeys north to find out for himself, only to realize along the way that he is heading back to a place and people he abandoned long ago. A hope beyond his wildest expectations waits for Riley Keep, but will his past destroy this second chance at life?

My review:
2 looks
I didn't like this one very much at all. As a matter of fact, I was very disapponited and almost put it down. This is the reason I don't read Christian fiction: it's too over-the-top and a bit holier-than-thou. I found the character Riley to be too flawed to be believable, had no sympathy for him, and thought him overly simple, naive and weak. Since he was the main character, that pretty much ruined the book for me.

I do not recommend this book and will not read more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment