Sunday, April 13, 2014

National Library Week! April 13-19, 2014

 


It is National Library Week in the good 'ole US of A!

I love libraries! I love everything about them: books, librarians, study spaces, comfy places to read, internet access, Friends of the Library stores, music, movies, foreign language offerings, classes, and it goes on and on.

I miss three things from libraries past: card catalogs, periodical index and microfiche. I know. Go figure.

Now THOSE were the days of research! You actually had to DO something, put forth more effort than typing a search term...but I digress...
 
This is all about LIBRARIES! Looking forward to this week:
  • Monday: Ancient Libraries
  • Tuesday: Types of Libraries
  • Wednesday: Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey
  • Thursday: Banned Books
  • Friday: Library Field Trip!
 
 
 (1851-12-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment