Friday, February 21, 2014

Binge-Reading - Nothing New for a Reader

I am seeing more and more articles on "binge-reading". I don't know if journalists are not readers, but I have to assume that's the case with these writers. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a big deal.

After all, binge-reading is nothing new for the committed, dedicated, life-long reader. We binge-read regularly, don't we?

I know readers who will wait until an entire series is out so they can read them back-to-back. I have found existing series that I do the same thing.

Some of my binge-reading:

Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews
Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz
The Spellman Series by Lisa Lutz
Jack Daniels Mysteries by J. A. Konrath
The Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larsson

So, what is the hubbub with this "new" term? We have been doing this since...the beginning of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment