Tuesday, May 19, 2015

If at first you don't succeed...

I have had an issue lately with not being able to "get into" a book that I am reading. Some of my latest fails:

The Martian by Andy Weir
Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street by Susan Jane Gilman

So, if they don't grab me right away, I close it and pick up another. I don't get frustrated or feel bad, and I certainly don't press on reading a book in which I am not interested.

I remember this happening with a few of my favorites:
People of the  Book by Geraldine March
Astrid & Veronika by Linda Olsson

I put those books down, and picked them up later. LOVED both of them. It just wasn't the right time to read them before, I guess.

So, reshelve your book if it doesn't grab you, with no guilt. You will pick it up, and maybe fall in love with it, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment