21. A Visit From the Good Squad - This one is already on my list. The ridiculously simple plot: an aging former punk rocker and record executive, and the passionate, troubled young woman he employs.
22. Zeitoun - The title alone is almost enough for me to add it to my TBR list. Plot: true account of lives altered after Hurricane Katrina. No thanks.
23. The Elegant Universe - "Brian Greene, one of the world's leading string theorists, peels away the layers of mystery surrounding string theory to reveal a universe that consists of eleven dimensions..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHHAHA
24. American Wife - I read this loosely-based-on-George and Laura Bush-novel a while back. Didn't like it much.
25. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - British mystery series starring an 11-year-old girl. I read it last year and it was just okay. Not good enough for me to read any more in the series. I have noticed that this is one of those books that people either love or don't like too much. Go figure.
26. Unaccustomed Earth - "Eight stories—longer and more emotionally complex than any she has yet written—that take us from Cambridge and Seattle to India and Thailand as they enter the lives of sisters and brothers, fathers and mothers, daughters and sons, friends and lovers." This one intrigues me for some reason. I think I will add it.
27. Cloud Atlas - The summary is unclear as to what the book may be about, but all of the reviews are positive, which is very unusual. I think I will add this one for that reason alone.
28. The Lost City of Z - What happened to the British explorer Percy Fawcett and his quest for the Lost City of Z? This one sounds pretty good. Good enough to add!
29. Bloodroot - Named for a flower whose blood-red sap possesses the power both to heal and poison, Bloodroot is a stunning fiction debut about the legacies—of magic and madness, faith and secrets, passion and loss—that haunt one family across the generations, from the Great Depression to today. YES! Right up my alley!
30. Country Driving - The subtitle says it all: A Journey Through China from Farm to Factory. Not for me.
So there you have it! The last 10 books on the 30-book list. Summary:
- 2 Already Read
- 1 Already on List
- 4 Added
- 3 Not interested
This last one was a pretty good list!